October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Cake!

Well the weekends over :( and I don't have Columbus Day off! What kind of world is this? Uggghh catholic school! Well anyway sorry about my mini rant, I have been either in my kitchen or on the soccer field for the entire weekend. I am feeling the joy (my new ketch-phrase Grays Anatomy shout out) and I made an awesome cake! It is two bundt cakes stacked on top of each other.
A little back story...
So I am a supper big baker and a few month ago I was looking through the food section of Pinterest when I stubbled upon a picture of a pumpkin cake. But, the most annoying thing about Pinterest happened and it brought me to tumblr so there wasn't a recipe! I was determined to make it work so, on Friday during french (I had a sub.) I spent the entire period doing research and I found a recipe for a bundt and for recipe, on two different blogs may I add. 
The two bundts I made were apple cider donut bundts and the frosting was a maple cream cheese frosting. Here are my pictures of baking whoop whoop!

Setting up! I found a nifty Ipad holder yay!

mixing it up

first bundt done! Looks so yummy.

Final product!

Do you like my use of a gourd as a stem? hahaha

The recipe for the bundt: Apple Cider Donut Bundt
The frosting Recipe: Maple Cream Cheese Frosting (just the frosting part of the recipe)

Love and blazers,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment