September 20, 2013

The Sunshine Award!


Hello everyone! So today I will finally have my Sunshine award up! I was nominated by my fabulous friend Katelyn or Kate from Seersuckers and Stripes! I have known her for a really long time and she is actually the reason I became preppy and then later started this blog! So, thank you so much!
So for the Sunshine award you are supposed to include a picture of it, but like Katelyn, I decided to make my own. It was supper fun and I just drew it on Paper which is a supper cool art app!

These questions I will be answering are from Katelyn and I hope you like it!

1. What is your most used piece of technology (phone, computer, camera, etc.)?

I would probably have to say my IPad. My school started the IPad initiative so we all had to buy one and since then I have been using it all the time! Also its great for blogging!

2. If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?

I have always admired my Dad's eyes and I wish I had gotten them from him! He has light sky blue eyes and I think people who have brown hair look really pretty with other colored eyes! However, I do still love people with brown eyes! 

3. What always has to be at your desk for you to work?

I am a BIG color coder so, I always have a maison jar full of colored pens, sharpies, and highlighters on my desk for notes and homework. Plus, they are great for helping you study for tests!

4. What fall trend are you loving right now? 

I have been absolutely adoring the leopard print trend for fall! I love the idea of it as a neutral if you were to wear the print in a pump, loafer, or belt. It adds an eye catching feature to any outfit! Since, I love this trend so much I had been on the hunt for the perfect leopard loafer, and I found the perfect pair at DSW! I will probably show them in an upcoming outfit of the day!

5. Who's your blogging bestie?

Well, I don't really have a blogging bestie sadly; however, I feel as though that is going to change. I have two old friends who blog, Kateyln (who I mentioned earlier) and Frannie from The Blonde Prep who I knew when I was really little. I wonder if she still remembers me! Then, I have had the pleasure of talking with Caroline from VA is for Lilly Lovers recently. She so kind and compassionate, I love her already! So, I hope we will develop a better blogging buddy relationship! Finally, and sorry I know this is a lot, but one of my really close friends Lauren is starting a blog! More details to come!

6. If you could change where you grew up, where would you change it to?

I would love to have grown up on the West Coast, like somewhere in Rode Island, Cape Cod, or Nantucket! I feel like I could of been exposed to more things preppy and they are all so beautiful and chill places. Also, when I was younger I spent a lot of summers in Connecticut, crap fishing and hanging out in a beautiful and quite nautical beach house! I really miss it!

7. What was the best thing about your childhood?

One of the best things about my child hood was going to camp! I love camp and it is one of my favorite places in the world. The camp I went to was a religious camp and it was just a time to get away from life, connect with God  and meet new people! All of the friends I made are some of the best people I have ever met and we still keep in contact!

8. What's your current favorite tv show?

I do not really have a tv show that I watch every week! I do watch a lot of What Not to Wear though, I really love that show. So, I guess we can count that as my favorite!

9. What is your must have makeup item?

I do not wear a lot of make up, but I do really like wearing light natural things like a bit of mascara, some liquid blush, and tinted lip balm! 

10. What is something that you hoard, that you definitely do not need?

Something that I am hoarding and definitely do not need it all of the t-shirts I own! I never wear t-shirts unless it is for a project wear it might get messy or for soccer, but all of my t-shirts hold memories and I can't seem to let them go. It is getting out of hand they take up so much space!

Ok, so I know this is kind of against the rules but I am not going to nominate someone. All of the blogs I read have already been nominated or done one! So, I am sorry for breaking the rules just a bit! Although, If anyone reading has a blog and has not yet been nominated I nominate you! (use the questions I got asked, I liked them!)

Love and blazers,
                      Julia 



No comments:

Post a Comment