July 6, 2013

DIY Pillows

     One of my favorite DIY's is pillows. They are extremely simple and quick to make and are quite adorable. All you need it pillow stuffing which can be purchased at Michaels or found in an old ratty pillow you no longer need. Next you need either a fabric shopping bag or a dust bag. They have fabric shopping bags at many stores like Free People or Urban Outfitters and dust bags come to protect some purses or shoes. The final things you need to make your pillow are a needle and thread to sew the open part of your dust bag closed. I have made six pillows so far and here are four of them...


     Two of the pillows that you see are made from dust bags (the Tory Burch and Toms) and the other two are from cloth bags (Free People and Urban Outfitters). The most recent pillow I have made is the Urban Outfitters pillow. I purchased a shirt from there and they use cloth bags instead of paper ones so I thought it would be perfect for a pillow.


     Even though I really like my newest addition to my DIY pillows, my overall favorite is my Toms pillow. It is simple but I love the light blue and cream stripes with the crisp black writing. It was the second pillow I ever made, the Tory Burch being my first.

 
    I hope you like the pillows that I have made and that you will try to make some of your own. If you have any more questions on how to make them or a request for the next DIY leave a comment!
                    Love and blazers,
                                         Julia

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute DIY Jules!

    xoxo, Katelyn

    preppydaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete