July 5, 2013

Summer Fun!

           Since the sun has reappeared after the weeks of rain it is the perfect time to hit the beach and pool! You cannot go to the beach without being properly prepared so I thought I would talk about all the things you need for the summer sun.
           First of you cannot be in the harsh sun all day without the proper protection, spf! You can sneak a little bit of spf anywhere if you really try. For your face a tinted moisturizer is a great idea, I suggest an oil free one with at least 15 spf. Stila has a great one that meets both of these requirements and is not to heavy for the summer heat. If you are going to the pool with your friends I think that you should try for no makeup, but if you want to dress up a bit you should go for a natural look. For the eyes a waterproof mascara is a must for no running and a long wear and if you want an eyeshadow, cream is your best bet. Then for your checks I would suggest a tint that can also double for your lips. Another way to sneak in spf is through your lips! Many chap sticks have spf in them, their are many different easily accessible brands that sell the chap stick with spf.
         You can also not go to the beach without the right towels or cover ups. I found an adorable Lacoste towel with anchors that looks like this...
       Also Lily Pulitzer has multiple cute cover ups I don't own one buy her but I wish I did! There are many cute and affordable options though. I own one from H&M and target has so many cute options. Along with adorable accessories you need the perfect summer playlist. Now obviously not everyone likes the same style of music so I just picked some diverse songs old and new that I love and have been listening to everyday! 

Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke
Dancing With Myself-Billy Idol
Cruise-Flordia Georgia Line (feat. Nelly)
Here's to Never Growing Up- Avril Lavigne
Mr. Brightside- The Killers
Good Life (Remix)- OneRepublic (feat. B.O.B.)
22- Taylor Swift
State Of Grace- Taylor Swift
Starlight- Taylor Swift
Holy Ground- Taylor Swift
Gone Gone Gone- Phillip Phillips
Dancing In The Dark- Bruce Springsteen
Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
                   Love and blazers,
                                          Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment